Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What a way to multi-task

Yep it 's been quite a productive day and even though it is nearly 11pm the day isn't over. I did some much needed cleaning in the house...kind of sporadically, the walk past it, stop and give it some attention type cleaning. The most sustained thing was taking the livingroom rug outside to the deck in the fresh air. I actually shampooed it out there. Works perfectly in good weather, dries nice and fast. Beyond that it was normal stuff, vacuuming etc. Now I actually accomplished a task that has been on the agenda for many months. Back when Windows 7 was nearly ready to release. I pre-ordered an upgrade copy of the OS for a mere $49 from Best Buy. It's been on the shelf ever since so today was the day to do the big upgrade from Vista to 7. I must say the process was quite seamless. I am actually very impressed. It appears that everything has transferred over and I have full functionality of everything I have attempted to access thus far. This is probably because everything I have is 32 bit capable and that is the version of 7 that I upgraded with. I kind of monitored the process but I was actually able to practice guitar through a good deal of the time with a small diversion of driving out to school to pick up some stuff I needed for Summer Studio at Fire Arts and there was that cleaning thing too. I made some more memorization progress on Study in Bm. There is one "difficult for me" chord change that I will most likely have to repeat a minimum of 50 times to get my left hand to do what it needs to without a huge lapse in time. Spent some more time on Falling Slowly, Anji, Scarborough Fair, Dance and Study for Margot as well. Ran through Accordion Bells a few times too. After the workshop kids finished up this evening I picked up the guitar I keep at Fire Arts and noodled around a bit. Julie and Jackie have a show opening on the first Friday of October and they are really pushing to have me play guitar during the festivities. I might have to suck up my apprehension and do this for them. We'll see how this grant work goes......I don't have much of a repertoire yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment