Monday, May 31, 2010

What day is it anyway?

I had a lot of "things" to take care of on Sunday. I wrapped up some business with an eBay auction. I finally motivated and sold my Morris Minor Tourer. Although it has been stranded on jack stands for years, I'm still going to miss that car. I managed a short bike ride in the morning, a mere 6 miles. They're all going to be short until I build up some endurance. I am hoping the repetitive peddling action will strengthen my knees and grind away some of the crap that has clearly accumulated in those joints. I kind of crashed(not on the bike) in the afternoon, resulting in an incredibly long nap and got my second wind at around 11:30 pm. I had sporadically picked up the guitar through the day but my sustained practice started at this late hour and continued until the second wind expired at around 2:30 am. I spent a majority of the time in the pursuit of memorizing some of the phrases in Sor's Study in Bm. This is a beautiful piece that has been on my "must learn" list for about 9 months but somehow always got pushed back into the queue. The rest of the time was spent polishing Accordion Bells, Maison Blanche, Freight Train, Anji, and a couple of Irish pieces. I did a few adjustments of the action of my guitar. I had it a bit too low, evidenced by some buzzing strings when I put it in open tunings. Again today I have picked up the guitar for some short practices but I have the definite feeling my intensive study will be starting later tonight. Somehow during the summer I very quickly slip into this mode of staying up into the wee hours even though I'm usually up and active by 9am later that same day. Tomorrow my Summer Studio workshop at Fire Arts begins. I know two of the incoming students, the rest are newbies from the area. I'm dedicated to providing a good experience for these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment