Friday, June 25, 2010

Stumbling Blocks and Irritations

While the computer awakened this morning I did my usual thing of grabbing a guitar and practicing. No sense staring at a loading computer screen, may as well accomplish something. The last few times I have played Echoing Gilewitz, Richard caught the fact that I keep flubbing the patterns in a some of the sections. I have made concerted efforts to repair this problem in the past and had falsely slipped into the thinking I had the problem nipped. This is so far from the truth that I am really irritated with myself for not repairing these ingrained errors. I have just spent minutes 30 attacking the trouble spots, repeating, repeating and repeating them some more, then incorporating them into the whole tune. I get it right sometimes and then it seems my fingers have their own little nasty agenda and they just go ahead and play them incorrectly. Maybe today will be Echoing Gilewitz day. Clearly it is going to take several hours to retrain my stubborn brain and right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment