Saturday, June 19, 2010

Final Concert of the Festival

This afternoon the audience was treated to the final concert of the Miami International Guitar Festival. It was a double bill including a solo classical guitarist and a local group consisting of two guitarists and a percussionist. St. Bede's Episcopal Church was the venue for this concert and it provided a very nice atmosphere. The audience was small but appreciative and both acts were awesome. I will provide more details later but wanted to get a bit written before heading out in the morning. It will be a hectic day. I must leave the hotel around 8 am, gas up the car, drive to the rental company, get a shuttle to the airport, find my boarding gate and get checked in. I will be praying for no glitches because I have only a small window of time for my first lesson with David Walbert. I am looking forward to the experience. Richard spent some more lesson time with me today. We focused mainly on Anji because I really wanted to work on the timing of the piece. I finally got that going and am desperately hoping it will stick with me. I went over part of Dance as well but there really wasn't much time for a critique on that one. I think RG thought I may as well do that with the maestro who wrote it. Camille, another one of RG's students and I will be heading out in a couple minutes to go see Toy Story 3 in iMax and 3d, yee haa.

No comments:

Post a Comment