Friday, June 11, 2010

OMG It's Getting Close

Well Monday morning will see me blurry-eyed and panicked at the same time. I'm going to need to be at the airport at 5:30 in the morning, yes I said morning. The toughest part will be kissing the hubby goodbye...I'm going to miss him. Do you think anyone would notice if I slipped him into my luggage and if he just didn't show up for work for seven days.

The last few days have been all about tying up loose ends and there have been several. Tomorrow I will do some packing of incidentals. If I was really organized I'd make a checkoff list. Nah. I'll wing it. Doesn't everybody forget something on a trip. Let's hope it won't be my guitar or any of the essential accessories and music that I will need.

Yesterday, I printed off fresh copies of my music and that took a surprisingly long time to accomplish. I organized all of the pieces of paper relevant to flights, car rentals and lodging. I updated the Garmin and inputted the addresses that I know will be important during my travels. I also packed up my guitar and hauled it over to the insurance company to get a special policy written to cover loss and damage during traveling. Now the really exciting prelude to all of this was cleaning out the gutters on the south side of the house. Even with all this stuff, I managed to run through several tunes sporadically through the day.

Today I added another movement to the gutter cleaning symphony as I shifted attention to the west side of the house and cleared the rotted spinners which serve as a perfect medium for many of the pods to sprout into baby trees. John calls our clogged gutters the "Hanging Gardens". Perhaps they could qualify as a "wonder of the world". What is really quite funny is that I never used to fuss about my fingernails, clean and trimmed was the ideal. Now most manual tasks stimulate a concern about whether I will mess up my right hand nails that are currently at a perfect playing length.

I practice packed some clothes into my guitar's gig bag. My plan is to use the gig bag as luggage since the guitar will travel in its flight case which is cumbersome and heavy for hauling around. Once I settle into the hotel the gig bag will be cleared of the clothing and the guitar will be transported to the workshops in the gig bag.

Made it over to Fire Arts a tad bit early. So I had time to pull out the guitar that I keep there and work on Study in Bm. The Summer Studio kids were totally stuck into their work and didn't need constant guidance so I took a couple breaks and grabbed the guitar for a few more minutes of practice. Playing the studio guitar makes me appreciate my Breedlove C25, it just fits my playing better than the Atlas.

Although it is late. I think I will run through a few pieces before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment