Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Day Late......

Busy Busy day yesterday. How in the world does anyone get bored? I took care of several tasks through the day. I called in my prescriptions and then called the doc's office because my insurance plan is demanding that I switch my prescriptions to their mail order service. I had to drive about 30 miles just to pick up the new prescription orders. Now I have to sort out faxing them to mail order company. Stopped by to see Naomi and the grandkids who are doing pretty well even though the boys are definitely fully into an irritating stage of adolescence. Here's hoping they move on from that soon. They will be spending a good deal of today and tomorrow with me. I hope the weather clears and they can help me with some yard tasks.
My guitar practice fell into the early part of the day and one of those sessions that started at around 10pm and ended around 2am. I am slightly concerned because my left hand especially is developing a bit of stress pain. So I am playing in shorter bursts, stretching both hands thoroughly before, after and in between playing. I think I'll blame it on Study in Bm which requires some 2nd fret barres that are giving me trouble. I've adjusted the action of my guitar, attempting to make the barres easier to play but I'm finding that also creates low E buzz when I go to an open tuning. I can ease the attack on that string to avoid the buzz but..
I think I'll remove the bridge saddle spacer that is currently installed and see if that makes a difference. In the meantime, I'll baby that left hand and hope that what I'm dealing with is a bit of muscle strain that will lead to increased hand strength, similar to lifting weights and experiencing some "burn" afterwards. I am getting a slightly quicker and smoother transitions into the tricky chord change in Study in Bm. So there's a bit of improvement happening. Finally re-found the video of RG playing Anji and spent of bit of time watching and listening to that yesterday as well.
I also stopped at the eye doctor's yesterday and fortunately was able to jump right into an eye exam. Yep the prescription needed to be strengthened. New glasses are ordered. It took me forever to pick out a set of frames. The task was accomplished with the help of one of the women working there who actually was able to key into my taste. Let me say that everyone will definitely notice that I have a new set of glasses. My parameters included a list of "NO's" no phony tiny gemstones, no frilly ultra-feminine styles, and definitely no "Sarah Palin" knock-offs. I think my new frames are rather "contemporary".

No comments:

Post a Comment