Monday, June 14, 2010

I Made It!

It is around 8pm and a very busy travel day has concluded. I am settled into my hotel room in Coral Gables near the University of Miami. Fortunately everything is quite convenient because the traffic is horrendous. Yesterday I awakened feeling like a cold was doing its best to threaten my guitar bliss. Well I'm not giving in! Today I do feel worse. My plane flights were a bit on the stressful side, beginning with a 60 minutes delay at SBN which ultimately left me with 20 minutes to navigate myself to my Miami bound plane from Atlanta. It seems that every time I have had a connecting flight it was necessary to practically run to the next boarding gate but this was the ultimate. I deplaned with less than 20 minutes to make it to the next gate. In fact once I made it to the gate most of the passengers had boarded and my name was not in the system leaving me concerned that they had automatically moved me to later flight. Now my biggest fear was that my guitar would be loaded on a different flight. It was a tense 45 minutes as I waited at the baggage carousel for my guitar and luggage. Kudos to Delta, they got it right and I have my trusty 6 string with me. My cold has caused some complications in fact during the descent into MIA I thought my ears were going to burst. It was pretty darn unpleasant and has currently left me hearing in mono because my left ear has been left with reduced hearing. I hope I didn't pop an eardrum or something. I guess the sinus meds I took weren't effective enough. Once I checked into my room my next goal was to find a drug store and to get some more meds which I have done and am getting some relief. I have talked and texted with John numerous times. It is going to be pretty tough to manage 9 days without my soul mate at my side. I probably won't see RG tonight. He has commitments with the festival organizers and some of the other performers. Workshops begin tomorrow morning so we may touch base to make plans to meet. In the meantime I will take advantage of this "me" time and get some practice in.

No comments:

Post a Comment