Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fresh Music for the Butcher

I received an installment of fresh compositions from David Walbert yesterday. Actually it includes his arrangement of "Yesterday" by Lennon and McCartney. The first piece in the group that I am putting my attention towards is Walbert's Prelude #1. It's a very pretty piece and because I frequently listen to Richard's "Music of David Walbert" album, I have a good handle on what it is supposed to sound like. With mucho practice perhaps I'll be able to have my playing do the piece justice. It starts with a beautiful series of hammer-on and pull-offs. I am focusing just on the first page and a bit into the second at this time. Next on the list will be Yesterday and Richard has offered to help me out on that one, which is always appreciated. I also plan to get his help with some of the currently tricky passages in Prelude 1. In fact, I managed to stay up way too late last night( well it was dark out but technically it was this morning, since my head hit the pillow sometime around 3:45am. As I lay there I realized my poor hubby was going to be up in about an hour) because I was having fun working out the left and right acrobatics. Somehow I think I'm going to need a nap later today, considering I was up at 8:30. Hummm less than 5 hours sleep, let's see how that affects my functionality. Another hot and humid day is on the menu, not much motivation to leave the air conditioned comfort of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment