Friday, September 3, 2010

Lots of passed time

It has been awhile since I have posted to this blog.  The beginning of the school year certainly forces a change of focus.  Organizing and implementing curriculum for my art classes and preparing for the next big step in my fellowship journey are on my mind regularly.  At school, New Prairie High School in New Carlisle, IN, the year has begun on a positive note and NP UNplugged, the acoustic music club that I have sponsored for the previous two years is on it's way to growing.  This club has a small core of students who are devoted and enthusiastic.  They are all seniors and it is essential that the torch gets passed to equally interested underclassmen who will help keep the flame burning.  I have floated the idea of starting an Open Mic aspect to the club and the kids are excited about that facet.  In October, we will plan for our first meeting devoted to giving kids the opportunity to perform for a small audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment